Permanent Residence in UK
Permanent residence or citizenship in the UK is known as Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). This program is for those who are already in the UK on a temporary visa and they are committed with this country. Getting a UK visa permit the visa holder to live in this country for specific time and after this an applicant can apply for ILR and it permits the applicant to live for unlimited time. However, applicant can apply for naturalization. The requirement for this visa is depending upon the applicant visa, which is holding currently. There are some basic requirement for this visa are the applicant must have fluency in English language and has basic knowledge about the United Kingdom. It is also important for applicant that after getting this visa he/she cannot live two or more years from the United Kingdom. After granted this visa, the applicant can apply for British Citizenship after one year which, is permanent resident visa. Naturalized citizen of the UK requires some basic standard eligibility, native of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland will get the UK permanent resident in case an applicant live consecutively in the UK for five years. During staying in the UK after five years an applicant can apply for citizenship if he/she can fulfil the basic requirements. The fundamental requirements have been mentioned above, but if the applicant has British spouse.
Form AN is used for naturalization as a British Citizen which will be filled by an applicant about providing information. In this Form AN an applicant provides his/her personal data, proof of residency needs, job description and details and increase of EEA national or swiss national or spouse, child or civil partner of the UK citizen then prove the relation with him.
In case applicant spouse is British citizen
1. If an applicant spouse or civil partner is British citizen and he/she is over 18 years are eligible.
2. If you are responsible person and have no criminal record.
3. If an applicant has good English language ability.
4. If an applicant fulfill residency requirement.
Indefinite leave to remain based on.
1. There are some visa types such as old work permit and highly-skilled migrant, Tier 1 and Tier 2, and ancestry visa permits the applicant to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK, but it requires five years spending time on that visa.
2. If an applicant has spent ten years in the UK continuously according to law and he/she remains in this country without any specific gap can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However, his/her dependant is not eligible for this type of visa.
3. In case spouse or civil partner who is living in the UK and on this base his/her spouse or partner can apply for family visa and this type of family visa is awarded for two years. After two years, if the relationship is intact, then visa holder can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain. However, in July 2012 the law has been changed and this family visa is granted for two-and-a-half years. After completion of this period, applicant can also apply for another two-and-a-half years if the relationship is still persistent, in this way after completing full five years applicant can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
How to apply British citizenship
To apply for this visa an applicant can make his/her application by himself or can hire an agent or representative for this. An applicant must fill form for this visa. It is also necessary before hiring an agent that verify that is the agent registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner. An applicant must check the current fee for this visa process.
Send your application, process fee and other related documents to following address.
New Hall Place